Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inerior parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jayccb, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jayccb

jayccb Registered Member

I am looking for the interior sides in the rear of a blazer. Mine are half vinyl and half carpet, I'd like to replace the two panels but I can't find them anywhere. Can anybody help?

2. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

try LMC truck. go to there website and they will send you a catalog, it taked a while to get the book, so if you need I can look up the part numbers and price in mine if you give me the year and shoot a price and ordering telephone number back to ya.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't think LMC carries the side panels for the Blazer/Jimmy unless they are a brand new addition. What I am going to do is take my old ones and trace the pattern onto a piecs of wood. Probably some of that stuff they make clip boards out of. Cut it out and cover it myself with either some fabric or some Rhino Liner.

4. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Think your right, got to looking through the mag and couln't find any. But particle board or something like that sounds good. I decided to do mine out of diamond plate. Shiny but I can wash it all out know when I get it dirty. lol

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I don't know of anyplace that sells them. Most guys(like Jim said) just use other material(plywood, MDF, etc) and make their own.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

How about aluminum diamond plate panels? Jeff, muddytazz sells something like that for burbs and could probably do them for blazers as well.

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I made mine out of fiberglass. Somewhere between 1/16" and 1/8" thick. then Rhino lined them. Then narrowed and promptly cut them in half.

8. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I just finished building some new panels for my blazer. I used 3/16" press wood, and reinforced in around the 6x9 speakers I installed. I used the original panels (which were shot) as a template to cut the wood. I covered the wood with vinyl and used 3M adhesive spray to keep it tight. The glue seems a bit weak though and I have a couple of wrinkles on the bottom where they meet the inner fenders. All in all not bad. I used interior (new) screws with finish washers to hold them on. It was about a 3 day project.

My wife got me new stereo to go with te new speakers too...