Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inexpensive parts add up quick

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 11, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I just ordered

Steering Stabalizer (Factory)
    Front and Rear Drag Link With Adjuster
    Upper and Lower Ball Joints for both sides
    Plastic Glove Box
    Tie Rod Right Side
    Tie Rod Left Side
    3 Ujoints
    Flange Yoke
    Total was $421

I still need

steering box repair kit and weld in kit
    Lower Grill Panel
    Hood Springs
    Tires (33's BFG Mud Terrains) I would like 35's but the 4 in lift I dont think clears them
    Heater Controls
    Heater A\C Vacume Lines
    Right side ac duct
    Almost all the internals for the tailgate not to mention weather stripping for everything

Does it ever end by the time its all said and done ill have 1 million dollars in it without the paintjob:D

Just thought that i would share what is going to go on in my garage when these parts come in

I sold my trans am and im kinda sad but i kept the nitrous:D

2. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I remember those orders. Some so big from LMC that the bill would be almost $1000. Some for my 63 Impala SS were well over that mark. Restorations cost money, sad thing that these days that hard earned money doesn't go as far

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

it does... although you may have to take off the inside corners of the fenders if you get good flex

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I got a very nice personally signed by all employees thank you card from LMC last winter when I ordered $1200 worth of stuff.
    BTW, you get free shipping from LMC if your order is over $1000.

5. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I think with my stock suspension that my flex isnt going to be all that great. I measured and it is really close to the body panels which was what worried me, I would rather not hack it up as it is my dream truck.

Im using it as my DD so I want it to be trail worthy but not extreme Ive been extreme offroading in my 86 352\sm465\14bolt stock front\205 and learned you need a lot of money to fix stuff I really miss that truck i could have pulled parts off of it!

As for shipping from lmc i think that you get free truck frieght or free shipping over $1000

Ill save the extreme stuff for a truggy that I plan on building in the future