Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

info needed for 700R/241 on a 73 blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Jan 28, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

also, will i require a new Xmember if i want to put in a 700R/241 combo on a 73 blazer??

thanks,

ARQ.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

What's it replacing?

Yes, I'd imagine you'll have to move your crossmember. Best bet is to just get the whole setup from a donor truck. Also, the 700r4 has an electrically controlled torque converter lockup, so I'd imagine you'd need to get the unit (computer? - never traced those wires, sorry) that controls that.

Oh yeah, and speedo on tail-shaft of t-case is electric on I think all np241's, so you'd need that setup too.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

more: info needed for 700R/241 on a 73 blazer

there is a th350 with a np203 in it. as for the wire setup, the torque converter requires a 12v source when at cruise speed. the voltage should cut when hitting the breaks or manually shuting it off. I am not too concered about the speedo, yet. GPS reciever should take care of that :-)

thanks,

ARQ.

4. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

Re: more: info needed for 700R/241 on a 73 blazer

go to 700r4.com they have a few ways to hookup the lockup converter. They have good diagrams too.... probably the easiest way for you to go about it would be the bosch relay setup, then as long as your brake lights work, the relay will work.

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: more: info needed for 700R/241 on a 73 blazer

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I am not too concered about the speedo, yet. GPS reciever should take care of that :-)

[/ QUOTE ] Got to love the '73 for that. Mine "sees" the satlites much better through the 'glass roof than a steel cab.