Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Info needed for opening an off road vehicle park

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by NOT4SHW, Jan 16, 2003.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Does anyone one know where to begin? I have someone that has 1200 acres and they are very intested in opening something like the new Superlift park in Arkansas, if you have any info please let me know. Thanks!

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I know this isn't much help but one of the FLA guys was working w/ the local goverment to open something like this. He my be able to help, try looking on the http://www.florida4x4.com/ site. Also try contacting SFWDA at www.sfwda.org

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Check out Del Albright. I do believe that there is info there that while not directly related to starting a park, there's some info on help.

4. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Thanks! I've sent Del an email. I hope he can help.

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

PM Wayne on here (username: wayne /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ). He should be able to put you in contact with some people at Rausch Creek who are opening a park this spring. If you can't get a hold of Wayne, let me know and I can try to find out. Wayne can find out in less steps than I can /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

6. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Thanks! Here is a good start if anyone else is interested www.nohvcc.org

7. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Wheelin In The Country.It's Been a couple years getting going good.They have web site and prob could help.Tell'em ZONKER sent you.Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer in TENN

8. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Just wondering how things were going with this. I'm Wayne's wife and i don't knoe if you ever got in touch with him or not.

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

What you have in mind is a great idea. The first thing I would do is look into the insurance aspect. Also look into Federal Buisness Grants to help with getting the money together to start. If he already has the land then it should be alot easier.