Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

INFO NEEDED... How much lift/trimming would I need to do to run 39.5 or 40

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Leper, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

As per my other thread, I am thinking about running 39.5 rockers on my Blazer. Anyone have and pics or info on the amount of lift and/or trimming I need to clear these tires. I'm sure someone here is running 40s. I may go with a different brand of tire due to the 16.50 width of the Rockers. What backspacing would I need with a tire that wide? I am just trying to get all the info I can, before I install the axles, to minimize down time and cost.

My setup as it stands now: 4" springs up front, zero rate, Dana 60(not installed) Rear shackle flip(ORD), 6" shackle, 14FF(not installed) I understand my 16x10, 4.25 backspacing wheels are not going to work. I will be getting different ones.
    I am putting all of my faith in CK5 for the correct answers. Please only post facts. A guess doesn't help at this point. Opinions are appreciated. Pics are very helpful.

Again, Thanks in advance, to the worlds best source of info for Blazers.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

5" of susp + 1" of body and 40s..

back...

[​IMG]

front....

[​IMG]

not sure what you mean by "my 16x10, 4.25" BS rims won't work"... don't see why not. You do know you can put a 44" bogger on an 8" wide rim... right? As far as backspacing goes, my street rims/tires (35s) have 4.25"... my offroad ones (39.5s, as seen in pic) have 3.5"... both are 15" rims.

j

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

The 39.5" Rocker is 16.50 wide. I was thinking that with a 4.25bs, the tire would rub on the inside on tight turns.
    Thanks for the pics

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

are u planning to add more lift or :hack: ? 8-9" seems to fit almost perfectly with little trimming and 40s if ur into the big truck look and want to keep the body super nice. good for mud, but probably a little high for rocks.

what type of wheeling do you do?

BigCountryx has 39.5 iroks on 9-10" lift and it looks really sweet. im sure he'll post up with a pic.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, D60 perches are slightly taller than 1/2 ton stuff and the zero rate will add a little more lift also, so you're looking at closer to 6" than 4". That being said, that's exactly the setup I run with 40's. FWIW, I run 4.25" of backspacing with 18" wide boggers and don't rub, so you oughta do fine.

The rear is narrowed in this picture but you can see what I mean.
    [​IMG]

6. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Mines similar to Jekbrown except no body lift and looks like more trimming. 4" + zero rates. I'm actually suprised that I can stuff the rears so well.

ow ya wheel are 15x10 3.5 bs

flexing.jpg

tire air1.jpg

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I guess its possible... my 39.5s are 15" wide though which is only 3/4" more in the inside of the tire, right? Prolly wouldn't be much of a problem unless you're scared of trimming. ;)

j

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Did you move the front axle forward? If so, how much?
    Again, my existing Exo is the limiting factor.

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

FYI, here is a link to some pics of the cage.
    Exo pics

Not the best pics for what I am trying to figure out, but you get the idea. The only good thing is the fact that the cage is so far out from the body.

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the input guys. I did it. I ordered the 39.5x16x16 Pitbull Rockers today. I will make them fit.
    The pics really helped. Worst case I will get an add a leaf for the front. I am not scared of the sawsall, so here I go again.