Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

info on 427 tall block install into 84 frame???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Supreme70, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

I need to know if there are things I need to look out for, and is it a direct bolt in?????:confused:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I haven't done it but I will try and help. If memory serves me, it will bolt right to your frame if you have the truck engine mounts on the motor. The only issue is I think tall deck motors come pretty close to the vaccum booster mounted on the cab.

3. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

someone said the starter bolts to the trans bell housing?? What about headers?? does some make them for that motor??

4. Lonnie P

Lonnie P Registered Member

The engine will bolt in with the factory SB or BB mounts.

The starter will bolt to the block same as a regular engine.... you only need the belle housing mounted starter if you are bolting it to the c50 c60 truck trans.

The alternator bracket may need slotted to fit the taller block.

Some large truck harmonic balancers had wider belts. This will require a standard car or pickup balancer & pulleys from a 396/427..... not the 454 as it is counterweighted.

my Hedman headers fit well.

I have the hydroboost brakes & they fit with the tall Moroso valve covers, not sure how the clearance is on a vacuum assisted brake unit.

Hope this helps.