Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Info on Branson Mo.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bnc04, May 14, 2004.

1. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Hi all, The new wife and I will be vacation/honeymooning it in the Springfield/Branson Mo area in a few weeks. We’re not the fancy hotel type, More looking for a cabin with a nice atmosphere, rustic, clean and quiet. We plan on taking in some of the shows, fish a little and spend some quality time at Bass Pro shops.. Any of you have some recommendations on some lodging? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Thanks in advance,
    Brett

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We plan on taking in some of the shows, fish a little and spend some quality time at Bass Pro shops..

[/ QUOTE ]

You never left the suburbs, did ya??? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and spend some quality time at Bass Pro shops

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight! Isn't there a Cabelas there?

4. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

I guess I don't understand the thought behind your comment, We just spent a week 30 miles east of steamboat colorado in the middle of nowhere, in a remote cabin, no tv, or phone with 5 feet of snow.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all, The new wife and I will be vacation/honeymooning it in the Springfield/Branson Mo area in a few weeks. We’re not the fancy hotel type, More looking for a cabin with a nice atmosphere, rustic, clean and quiet. We plan on taking in some of the shows, fish a little and spend some quality time at Bass Pro shops.. Any of you have some recommendations on some lodging? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    Thanks in advance,
    Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifMy family and I have been going for years. We stay at Tanglewood Lodge, the owners are Mike and Marlena Harwell. Their website is: http://www.tanglewoodlodge.com/
    Tell them that David Shirley referred you.

They have nice big rooms (some will sleep 6), their own dock and boats to rent, they are right on the lake and all the rooms face the lake. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean and nice friendly people. There are no phones in the rooms (which is a plus for me) but there is a kitchenette and cable and vcr. BBQ pits outside the rooms and picnic tables. they also have a game room w/ video games and a pool.

I have always had really good luck with the fishing there as well, lots of rainbow trout, and the owners will freeze your catch for you til you leave. Oh yeah, watch out for the otter, he'll steal all your fish off the dock and screech at you.

It is not a cabin, but it's as close as I've seen in the area, and being able to rent and dock right there is a huge bonus.

Keep in mind that this is not "in" Branson it's on the other side of the lake, which is a good thing. (Less people, lights, traffic etc.) But minutes from the strip.
    See the map on the website.

I don't know if you've ever been, but there are many other cool things to do than the typical Branson shows and musicals. Table rock lake is about 20 min south, great bass fishing. There is a fish hatchery too that is really cool too. Or you can do what me and the wife do, and stay on Lake Taneycomo the whole time, boating, fishing, and drinking. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Springfield (and Bass Pro) are about a half hour drive.

Good Luck Brett, I think you and your wife would have a great time there.

6. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I know of a great resort on Table Rock Lake. Its called Shore Acres. Their website is www.shoreacres.us
    Phone # is 1-800-471-8718. Ask for Jerry or Pat. They are the owners. I have been going there every year for 38 years and will be staying there next Month for a week. They are on the lake in a private cove. All cabins are equipped for housekeeping with linens, pots and pans, dishes, ranges, refrigerators, microwaves, cable TV.
    All cabins have charcoal grills located in front near picnic tables. They have a swimming pool, game room, and a dock with boats to rent. They are only 7 miles from Bransons main strip. About an 30 to 45 mins drive to Bass Pro shop. If you call them, let them know Troy Moore told you about them.