Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

info on military blazer?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Muddin_Mavric, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Muddin_Mavric

Muddin_Mavric Registered Member

My dad was looking in one of his papers and found an auction (i think its mostly convinscated veicles that the cops have) that has a 1984 military blazer in it. I was just wondering if its in ok shape how much will it go for? whats a resonable price? and whats the differnce between that and a regular deisel blazer? The main reson i would like it is because it will not be all coverd in rust from the salt on the roads in centeral WI. And also how is the winter starting??? I know its a deisel and i was kinda lookin for one any ways im just still tryin to convince my dad that its not just a 350 bored out with the spark plug holes welded shut. LOL.

Any info you can give me would be great or things to look for before bidding.

thanx for reading this and any help you can give me.

Justin Behr
    behrs@tznet.comREMOVE

2. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

I am very fond of the M1009 CUCV Blazer. The main difference in the standard blazer and the cucv, at least that I can see, is the glow plug system. It uses a totally different wiring system to heat the plugs. Parts are availiable though.
    My 6.2 was starting on about 1 crank with only 3 working glow plugs all winter. One thing you should also know about the 6.2 is it isnt a Powerstroke or a Cummins power wise. It isnt a converted gas motor either. In fact it was Detroit Desel that designed the motor. From what I understand they have a solid reputation in the big truck line.

As far as price they go for about 1500-2500 in my area. Thats not at auction though. I want tell ya how much I paid for mine though because Diesel Dan get's upset. hehehe

Hope my rambling helps.

dave

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

It may or maynot be as rustfree as you think (hope). M1009s usually saw alot more road miles than M1008s (4.56 gears and 29" tires are NOT highway friendly). The CUCVs start great in cold weather IF the glowplug system is working correctly. I would rather a "wheeler" get a hold of one, rather than it becoming another D.A.R.E/ boondoggle, or D.P.W. relic.

4. Muddin_Mavric

Muddin_Mavric Registered Member

i emailed the auction company for more info and this is what they sent me:

Hi Justin:

The 1984 Blazer has 56,705 miles on it, it has been repainted to a Deep Red with red seats, has 6.2 GM diesel, it belonged to Columbia County Sheriff Department. We picked it up there and drove it to Ripon and will drive it back to the sale sit, it seams to drive just fine. You will not be able to drive it, but you will be able to hear it run and we drive everything threw the sale ring. You will be able to drive the vehicle home if you are the winner. The Blazer is #16 in the sale order so it will sell about 10:30 AM. I hope this helped and thank you for your interest.

and also my uncle thinks that the military ones have some of the insalation/paneling striped out of the back cargo area is that true? and do they have a am/fm radio?

thanx for all the help so far

Justin Behr

behrs@tznet.comREMOVE

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Check out this site for more info:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/cucvpage.htm>www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/cucvpage.htm</a>

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, HA, Ho HO HO! AM/FM radio! (No). Sound deadening insulation? No again. This baby is a stripper. 'Damn lucky it's got a heater.

7. René

René 1/2 ton status

Hahahaha! But it has twice as thick sheet metal and is many more durable... Legends dealers in Germany, who sell notionless customer then completely worn cars for $9000 or $10000.