Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Info on my "Wuz a K5"--Hey ALASKA OFFROAD!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DBLAZER, Apr 10, 2003.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Info on my \"Wuz a K5\"--Hey ALASKA OFFROAD!

[ QUOTE ]
    Sweet! Got any more pics of the suspensions, some specs?

WB, Engine and Drive train, details man, details! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see, what do you want to know.
    <font color="red">
    Basic Info:
    Motor: 350
    Radiator: 4 core
    Asperation: TBI
    Tranny: 700r4
    Underdrive: Klune
    TCase: Atlass II
    Rear End: 14Bolt--5:13's---Detroit---Disc Brakes
    Front End: Dana 60--5:13's--Detroit---Disc Brakes
    Wheel Base: 118"
    Total Length: 160" (aprox)
    Tires: 44" Swampers
    </font>

[​IMG]

More..... <font color="blue"> The suspenision:

The leaf springs were all scrapped and replaced with SkyJacker 8" TJ Coils. The axles are located with a 3 link set-up both front and and rear. All the control arms are made from 2"- 7/16ths wall DOM tubing. The ends are 1 1/4 Hiems and a few are bushings. The set up works very well. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

<font color="purple">
    The Body (whats Left)

The front end of the body was all pulled off. (Hood and Fenders and front clip) The Radiaor was lowerd 3 inches and moved backwards about 5 inches. All the panels are alumium and can be removed and replaced. ( we have a duplicate template f every panel on the truck. The back end of the Blazer was bobbed 30". We pulled the fuel tank and moved up between the wheel wells and sank it down inbetwwn the rails. The rear was the encased in diamond plate. There is an access dooe right above the sending unit for easy replacement. On the inside of the "bed", the sides open up and are all lockable storage. My spare donut (38" SWAMPER)is mounted up in the bed. </font>

[​IMG]

<font color="purple">
    As you can see from this angle. The tailights are from a old VW Bug and the lights in the upper corners come on with the reverse lights (along with the revers lights in the tailights) The License plat is "Frenched" into the back The winch in the back is a Ramsey 8000LB. Up front there is a Warn 9000 something. </font>

<font color="brown"> Inside the a false floor was built so the seats were sitting on the floor , not pedastals. inbetween the seats is a lockabke door that opens to reviel storage under both seats. Behind the seats the floor is all raised and opens up for more storage. The highlift is mounted on the roll cage cross bar behind the seats. I have a CO2 tank mounted on the right side of the cab behind the drivers left hand side that can be easliy accessed from outside the vehicle. There are a couple of fire extinguishers( i think i spelled that wrong) mouted to the roll cage. The seats are RCI and the belys are RCI 3" 5 point harnesses. The heater A/C were removed and the dual Optima Batteries were mounted behind the glovbox. (yes it still closes)
    </font>

<font color="green"> Other mods include the full hydro steering set up. Full Belly skid. Full rock sliders that protect the rockers and the frame. RS9005 Shocks. PSC Steering pump, remote resevoir. Piaa lights up front. Rocklights in each corner and above each axel.

All of the mods were performed at :
    [​IMG]

The shop is located in Grapevine, Tx. Justin Holt ownes and operates it. I have been very lucky to have a best freind that is , in my opinion, an expert fabricator and understands what it is we do for fun. Rocktek Engineering.

I guess that is about it. I hope that helps those that have been PMing me and asking for info. Please feel free to ask any other questions. And thanks for all the compliments, I am very proud of my rig and it makes me happy to have all this curiosity about her. </font>

I posted this because I have had quite a few people ask me about my rig after this last weekend and I did not want to hyjack another thread.

2. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Re: Info on my \"Wuz a K5\"--Hey ALASKA OFFROAD!

hey, nash i have a cupple of more pictures of your ride on one of my albums.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see the full size pictures here
    http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/albun42 pages 2 and 3..

wish i would've had time to talk to you a little more out there, but with all the action going on i was all ovr taking pictures..

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Damn, your way ahead of me now. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Lookin' good! How much does it weigh now?

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

hey, it was good meeting you last weekend. sweet looking K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. did you guys stay around for sunday or did you leave?

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Heh, thanks BadDog!!! As for sunday. yes we stayed, I worked, I winched again, but had a good time. Then we wheeled!!!

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

They had you and Matt running all over the place. Here a roll there a roll every where a roll roll. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif