Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BPCRJ, Nov 22, 2000.

1. BPCRJ

BPCRJ Registered Member

im planning on building a super functional chevy blazer from scratch im going to build it from the tires up and will proably use an 85-87 model body, money is no obstacle but my question is where can i find info on ideas and parts that i should use to build this? I plan on using 44in tires and plan on using the strongest parts(axels, driveshaft, trans.) possible. Where can i find info on all this? I want info on everything, i plan to put a new enigne, transmission and ignition and electrical system, etc. (everything) i got the time and money and a little of the know how. i just need more info. Thanks.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sounds like fun.........no budget and lotsa time.

All you have to do is spend a lot of that time reading the thousands of posts here, will teach you just about everything you want/need to know. Then ask specific questions of the group, this is a phenomenal group of very knowledgeable guys here that can probably answer any and all of your questions. Maybe get subscriptions to all the off road magazines for added knowledge, etc. Get with a local 4X4 shop to pick their brains too.

As far as functionality (since you [​IMG] used that term), 44" tires on a Blazer might be great if you want direct line mud bog capability, but on trails with any off camber stuff............ouch. Just my .02.

Welcome aboard, as I said, a great place to hang and learn.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Yeah going back to what blazzinOR said do you want a bogger or a trail blazer?

[​IMG] SlyDog [​IMG]