Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Information needed

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Brians89K5, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

can anyone tell me about kent county Michigan? I've been doing some internet shopping for houses in that area and have been seriously debating moving to Mi. I've been looking all up the western sea board through utah and up through Mi and have been seeing a lot of what I like in houses in that area. How hard up is the job market whats available?

~Brian

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

what job market? thats how bad it is. michigan has the worst jobless rating in the country.

the good part is kent county (the county to the west of me) is not that bad, there are a lot more job opertunitys in Grandrapids than around me.

the majority of the jobs are in the auto industry, supplying GM, Ford and Chysler. others are the same as you would find in any city i would suppose; construction, retail etc.

they are building a new factory near me, 1200 jobs supposibly. its just outside kent county, on the east side of greenvile mi

3. Brians89K5

Well thats a bubble burster if I ever heard one. Ill have a degree when Im gettin ready to move... I donno if that will help any. What is it you do for a living?

~Brian

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im a mig welder at a factory supplying GM, Ford and Chrysler.

what is your degree in?

5. Brians89K5

my degree will be in Business Management and criminal justice... Which means I could manage the criminals I arrest if Im a cop?? lol. I have no clue what Im going to do with this parchment when I get it. Im just hoping it'll land me a job doing something that pays bills...

~Brian