Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Information on 203 Warn part-time kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BozoWise, May 22, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I have lost my link to a website that had a pictorial review on the installation of the warn part-time kit. Does anyone know where I can find some pictures on the install of this kit?

2. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I know someone has some pictorial information out there.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I have never installed the Warn kit but I have done both types of MileMarker kits. If I remember correctly, the Warn kit has a different type of mechanism to lock the spiders then the MileMarker kit: MileMarker uses a complete tail shaft replacement piece (this is THE BEST way to do this conversion) or 4 blocks to lock the gears and (I think) Warn uses a large ring with teeth to lock the gears.

Anyways, I would guess that the installations are similar. Here is a link to some pictures of the MileMarker installation using their blocks: http://www.offroadexchange.com/milemarker_page2.htm

Most people install the block style kit because it's cheaper than the shaft replacement ($50. vs. $225.). I always recommend the shaft replacement because it will outlast the transfer case but if I were on a tight budget, I would just weld the spiders, just like you would do on a rear diff! I did that on a 1979 pickup about 15 years ago then I sold the truck to my brother-in-law to use as a farm truck. He doesn't wheel the crap out of it but it's always in 4wd and it's still holding up!!

Have fun! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ewwww. If it is the deal with the ring it's like the Superwench kit. They stink! I had to replace one that was in the 79 when we got it. MTPockets had the same problem and had to replace his. I want to get the one peice kit for both trucks.

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status