Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Information on Roper Whitney Metal Working Tools

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by scavenger, Dec 20, 2002.

1. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Anyone here work with Roper Whitney metal working tools? I recently scored the following Roper Whitney tools. #4 angle iron shear, #50 angle iron notcher, #51 angle iron bender, and a #10 metal punch. I am trying to find out the proper operating procedures, limitations, and care of these tools. I found the Roper Whitney website (very lame) and sent several e-mails that were never answered. I then called them and customer service sent me some PDF files that appear to be nothing more than an advertisement with part numbers, but no operating instructions. Upon calling them back they informed me that the parts list was the operating manual...hmmm. I just find it hard to believe that with the shear, notcher, and bender costing about $400.00-$600.00 each, there are no operating instructions. I would appreciate any help you could provide....thanks,
    Pat.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

#4 Angle Iron shear - Shear Info
    #51 angle iron bender - same specs 2"x2"x1/4" max
    #10 Metal punch - Tonnage Chart
    Try here for technical info: Tech
    These should be fairly simple tools to operate. Keep the blades and puches sharp, keep everything well lubed and free of moisture.

3. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information Michael, I will check them sites out.