Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

****ing bark eaters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Spikes In River Rocks Could Maim Boaters, Swimmers

Two Boats Damaged By Nails
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TROUTDALE, Ore. -- Police want to know if someone is deliberately trying to sabotage boaters on the Sandy River by spiking underwater rocks.

[​IMG]Since December, two boaters reported that their rafts were torn by nails sticking out of rocks -- one near Dodge Park and another downstream at Indian John Island.

Boaters and police say it could be a case of eco-terrorism.

"The heads were cut off, they were sharp, they could really rip someone's arm or leg or whatever," Val Shaull of the Oregon Whitewater Association told KOIN News 6.

"It's very upsetting. It could hurt someone or kill somebody -- at least cause damage to equipment."

Clackamas and Multnomah county deputies are investigating. "A lot of people get trapped out here on this river already. This is one more item we don't need out here," Clackamas County Deputy Doug Olsen said. If the nails were to cause a drowning, the suspect could face manslaughter charges.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

People and thier causes

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what pisses me off is that they pull this kinda crap that could hurt or kill someone just because someone is using the area:mad: :mad: who made them king of all the land to decide who and how it gets used:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Why can't the damn eco-nazi's understand that they don't own the land/lakes ?!!!

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I remeber some sort of thing like this involving wheeling land. There was a link to a PETA/GREENPEACE type site where they were planning some sort of man trap extravaganza

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Mountain bikers face this same crap, people putting fishing line across trees after big descents and what not. I ever catch bastads like that they better run faster than I can get to their major arteries.

7. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I've had the same thing happen while riding ATVs. We were on private property that belonged to a friend of my Dad's, and we used it a lot. We had some very well established trails, and I used to haul ass down them because we were the only ones that had permission to be there. As I was coming down a hill, I just happened to cath a glimpse of something across the trail. I ducked just in take, and a piece of barbed wire caught the top of my helmet, and grazed across it, leaving little gouges. :mad: After I took it down, I went and talked to the owner, and he still said that he didn't give anyone else permission to be there, and he still didn't have any problems with me riding there, so we never found out who did it. Basically, someone went out of their way to trespass, just to put barbed wire across some 4 wheeler trails. We found one other trail that had been wired, and of course, they were both trails that could be seen from the road! :confused:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Death in the woods....

A kid I knew in my hometown was decapitated by barbed wire,he was riding double on a snowmobile on a farm that had several hundred acres of hay fields separated by stone walls,with openings big enough for trucks and tractors to drive thru,blocked by barbed wire during the grazing/growing seasons..they used to drive stakes into the ground to hook the babed wire on ,and covered it with hay,so they could drive over it without puncturing the truck/tractor tires--

Evidently it came unhooked or someone did it deliberately--the kids drove thru it at 40+mph,it went up over the windsheild and only took the hat off and cut the drivers forehead some,but it caught the other kid right in the neck and cut his head nearly all the way off--the driver didnt know what happenned,he turned back towards the other kid and yelled at him for nearly pulling him off the snowmobile--then he realized he was dead,and he pueuked his guts out..--he never was quite the same after that day...

A local man was suspected in the "accident",as he called police many times complaining of the noise from the snowmobiles--but no evidence could link him to the tragedy..I think he did it myself...:mad: I was right behind them about a 1/4 mile away on another Ski-Doo--I'm lucky it was the slowest snowmobile in the pack..I'll never forget that day-I tossed my cookies too---I had many nightmares over that day..:frown1:

9. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

This planets been here millions of years before us, and will still be here millions of years after us. We are just a blink of an eye to nature. The Eco idiots just cant grasp that concept.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO, if these eco-stalinists had any integrity and really believed in their cause they'd commit suicide. Human beings are CO2 exhausting, natural resource wasting predators who are destroying mother earth with every breath. :surepal:

j

11. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

They're nothing more than domestic terrorists and should be treated as such:mad: