Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

(*^%^&%&^%ING car dealers, new update 8/25,w/conclusion

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Okiemuddog, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well, I am starting to remember why car dealers are as low as lawyers. :recap: I bought a '98 C3500 crew-cab dually 2 months ago, we traded in the wifes '00 Nissan Frontier. The dealer made me a deal I wanted on the dually so we agreed to buy ( sign contracts Jun 12). The first month goes by, I recieve no title or payment book, so call the finance manager, he says don't worry that had just got the paperwork done and sent in. We get another paper tag and don't worry (Jul 12). Well, Aug 2nd draws close, first payment date still no title and no information from the note holder, back to the dealer again. I go in ask the finance manager about the title and he gives me the number to the finace company, tells me to call them for where to send payment. The first thing next morning I am on the phone, they search and have no record of the truck or us ( wife calls too, gets same story) /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif, so back to the dealer again, says don't worry about it (Aug 2). So I figure if they want their money they will get around to sending me the info I need. I get home olast night and I have message from the dealership that I need to call them back ASAP. This morning I call the guy who left the message and he asks how soon we can come back because our contract needs to be re-written due to time lapsed /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. So I call the wife she meets me there and we sit down with this guy, he says he is the new car finance manager and the finance manager we had been dealing with no longer works for them (fired) /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. I ask why we are back again, he tells me that he does not have a bank to loan the money on the truck I have been driving for two months /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. So I ask what the problem is, he says that most banks won't loan on a 1-ton truck and no one will take the note /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif. So I ask what he plans to do being that they have already paid off my trade in and sold it. He calls there used car dept. and asks about 3/4 tons, they have nothing in my price range, so he says that his buyers are at the auctiona dn give him until this afternoon to see what he can do. This afternoon rolls around and the wife goes by to check on the status of thins, he says that he can't get my 1-ton approved by anyone, so I am going to have to go down to a 3/4 ton /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Soo... he says he has called all of his buyers and says give him until Monday to see what he can find at the sale/weekend trade-ins.

So, now I have to wait until Monday to see what truck they found for me, move all my [darn] out of the 1-ton. I can't believe that they would hire someone that would pull [darn] like this, I try to overlook the fact the car dealerships are as low as lawyers. I like the truck I have now, I have already got money invested in ie (f/e alignment, window tint, new headlight assems) they said they would reimburse me for the work done, but that still does not change the fact that I want to keep the truck I have /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.I swear the next car I buy will be cash, I will walk in tell them what I will pay for X vehicle pay for the [darn] and be done. I will now sit here ans stew all weekend wondering what POS they find to get rid of me. I will keep everyone updated on what happens.

Thanks for listening to me rant.

Krennen

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: (*^%^&%&^%ING car dealers, *long rant*

i would tell them that it is there [darn]-up and they need to fix it. you like the truck you have and it is the one you want and that THEY need to make the arrangements for you to keep it. as THEY are the ones that sold it to you. if they give you any crap just tell them its not your fault that they had some dumb asses working for them

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

if you have any buddies who are lawyers, and owe you a favor have them talk to the finace jacka$$ i mean officer. but first you need to call the dealership and tell the highest ranking scumbag you can get on the phone that you have "discussed this matter in depth with your attorney, and he has raised some interesting points and he would like to know whether to contact you directly or your attorneys?" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif that might make them find a way to fix their f-up.

sorry to hear your getting shafted

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Do you have a copy of the original contract ??? Make them honor it, take them too court if you have too. That contract you signed when you got the one ton is leagly binding, and it's not your problem they can't find a bank to underwrite it.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd be telling them financing is now their problem not yours. You are keeping your truck or they should be giving you a REFUND /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif No way in HELL would I let them force you to take a different truck. They can give you a REFUND if they dont want to hold up thier end of the CONTRACT and you can take your money ELSEWHERE /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You have all the leverage right now the way I see it.

6. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you have a copy of the original contract ??? Make them honor it, take them too court if you have too. That contract you signed when you got the one ton is leagly binding, and it's not your problem they can't find a bank to underwrite it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i agree with you and kenny 100% it is there problem not yours make them honor the original contract

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo - Allthough, I have no idea how the fincancing side of things work. A signed contract is a signed contract, for both parties.
    On the other hand, the problem is not really with the dealership, it's with the lown and the bank. They won't write a lown on a one ton dually ???? That doesn't sound right. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Oh damn........they have your wifes pathfinder????????? Is it already,gone?Sold?? No more pathfinder??? I would be either demanding your old car back,or makuing them stick to the original deal. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI would for sure demand your old car back.If they wont give you your car back MAKE THEM stick to the legal and binding contract that you BOTH signed. Its just like some of my plumbing jobs...........if i giva an est for 40 ft of water /gas piping.....lets say the est is for 5 grand.....lets say in the beggining of the job i think the pipes are only 2 ft benith the ground.......but when i dig it up there 7 ft in the ground and its TRIPPLE the work /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifm GUESS WHAT?????? I already gave the bid dude, I would have to just eat something like that, not play games and hokie poke around ,try to make more, excusses, re-write a damn thing .A DEALS A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Legally too i think if both parteis have signed.There should be a clause in there.They fawked up . Sorry to compare 2 different things, but its all i know about contracts. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Like i said, try to get your car back,re-sell the car and make more /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif then turn around and use the money on a down for mabey another truck and another dealership /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Dont beat up yourself about it man, i do this too much and it only creates stress. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Listen to me very carefully

This is a very common scam amoung used car dealers. It's called bait and switch. It's all over the internet.

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE DUALLY BACK, UNDER NO REASON GIVE THEM THE TRUCK BACK. YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING. Do not let them tell you the contract is no good either, becuase of the very small print on the contract that said "based on bank approval". IT'S A SCAM AND AS SOON AS THEY GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE SCREWED. Run and I do me RUN down to the Attorneys office and pay the 50 or 100 bucks to have them write you a letter. Get on the internet and start searching for the information about baiting and switching. I have been thru this, once. There is such a thing about time is of the essence in contractural deal. Don't let the dealership bully you around. Make sure that you hold them totally accountable and if you have to call the cops and the local TV station. It's totally thier fault. Any if it does get ugly, force them to give you your original car back, period no questions asked, you have them totally by the balls and they know it. They have totally screwed up, and they are panicing. Do not show any fear, don't let them give you any legal mumbo jumbo, they accepted you car on trade, and it's now their responsibility period.

Don't be afraid to call the states attorney generals office and or congressman or senator. It's totally their responsibility.

They are going to try to intimidate you in every way shape or form. Just tell them that as soon as you get you car back, in the original form they can have there truck back, don't let them forget that they already sold your car, and now they can't cut a deal with the bank, that's totally bull$hit. They have lot's of clout with the bank, they can find a way to get it finianced period. I went thru this same $hit and got what I wanted.

Good luck.

Rob

10. mudhog

Re: Listen to me very carefully

[ QUOTE ]
    This is a very common scam amoung used car dealers. It's called bait and switch. It's all over the internet.

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE DUALLY BACK, UNDER NO REASON GIVE THEM THE TRUCK BACK. YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING. Do not let them tell you the contract is no good either, becuase of the very small print on the contract that said "based on bank approval". IT'S A SCAM AND AS SOON AS THEY GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE SCREWED. Run and I do me RUN down to the Attorneys office and pay the 50 or 100 bucks to have them write you a letter. Get on the internet and start searching for the information about baiting and switching. I have been thru this, once. There is such a thing about time is of the essence in contractural deal. Don't let the dealership bully you around. Make sure that you hold them totally accountable and if you have to call the cops and the local TV station. It's totally thier fault. Any if it does get ugly, force them to give you your original car back, period no questions asked, you have them totally by the balls and they know it. They have totally screwed up, and they are panicing. Do not show any fear, don't let them give you any legal mumbo jumbo, they accepted you car on trade, and it's now their responsibility period.

Don't be afraid to call the states attorney generals office and or congressman or senator. It's totally their responsibility.

They are going to try to intimidate you in every way shape or form. Just tell them that as soon as you get you car back, in the original form they can have there truck back, don't let them forget that they already sold your car, and now they can't cut a deal with the bank, that's totally bull$hit. They have lot's of clout with the bank, they can find a way to get it finianced period. I went thru this same $hit and got what I wanted.

Good luck.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
    exactly don't let them bully you around MAKE them honor the original contract /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Another important item.

Do not drive it into the dealership anymore, drive anything else.

Tell them you are going to call the police department and your insurance company and report them as fragulent sales practices, and theft.

When you talk with the insurance company, the police dept, they will tell you to give it up, and that's because they don't know any better. The attorney will, and not only will they know, it's a huge payoff for the attorney, especially since the alread sold your car. Remember them taking your car on trade was part of the deal. They have alread agreed to the deal by taking your car in on trade and selling it. You lived up to your end of the deal, they have not.

Just don't give in no matter what. I promise you it's going to get ugle before it get better. The only way I would give the truck up, is if you get a better truck with less monthly payment., and still only after it's signed by the bank and notorized by a notary.

They have consimated the deal by accepting your car on trade, there is no way around it. No you have to stick to your guns on the truck, don't accept anything other than what you have, the intimidation is what they are going to work you and your wife over with. Just don't drive the truck in when you go to talk with them, and the next time they want to talk with you, tell them you are going to bring your attorney with your, or the local police. It will change their tune real quickly. Don't give up the truck it's all of your negotiation power.

Rob

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Hell ya man /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Jack em up!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif real good like /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif make it so they owe YOU,because they do /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I agree with Rob. Your best bet is to get an attorney and try and make things right. It is going to cost you, but it's worth it.

If you have a garage big enough I would keep the truck in it at night.

14. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Thank you all for the advice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

Rob,
    I am not going to take the dually down there anymore, I am going to give unitl Monday to see what they can come up with, they might come up with somethign I want more /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. But, if they do not then off the lawyers office I go, I don't do the intimidation thing, it just pisses me off. The finance manager I am dealing with now has been extremely cooperative and told me that they would look for a truck unitl they found one that I wanted and was happy with. I am planning on going out of town this weekend to do some wheeling, so I will update everyone on Monday and everyone keep ypur fingers crossed, hell I might end up with the diesel I wanted to start out with /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.

Krennen

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Good luck on this one. I agree with them, do NOT cave in without getting what you wanted originally or better.

I am flabbergasted that they would sell your trade and then tell you you have to give back the vehicle that made you willing to make the trade in the first place. I would be beside myself at the dealership, and absolutely hit a lawyer up immediately.

16. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like you got yourself a free truck. You have a signed contract saying you are financed through so-and-so bank and the dealership gave you possession of the vehicle and took possession of your trade then sold it.

Don't you wish /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, I think you can make out like a bandit on this deal if you seek legal assistance and have the paperwork to back it all up. GOOD LUCK! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds to me like you got yourself a free truck. You have a signed contract saying you are financed through so-and-so bank and the dealership gave you possession of the vehicle and took possession of your trade then sold it.

Don't you wish /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, I think you can make out like a bandit on this deal if you seek legal assistance and have the paperwork to back it all up. GOOD LUCK! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You signed a contract. Its there loss. Done. The end. No court in america would side with a USED CAR DEALER. This is not a new trick. Many dealerships will "sell" you a car because they are "confident" they can get a bank to pick it up. Usually there out is in the SMALL PRINT. Have a lawyer read it for a small fee.

18. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    he says that most banks won't loan on a 1-ton truck and no one will take the note

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand this at all /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    when i bought my 98 3500 used my credit union and the dealership were fighting over me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif to give me the best rate.
    i mean it's a fu$ken truck, it's not like it some sort of one of a kind exotic import.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    he says that most banks won't loan on a 1-ton truck and no one will take the note

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand this at all /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    when i bought my 98 3500 used my credit union and the dealership were fighting over me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif to give me the best rate.
    i mean it's a fu$ken truck, it's not like it some sort of one of a kind exotic import.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, that one had me wondering also. If that was so, no one would be selling them unless it was paid in full before ya drove it off the lot. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

well?