Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

(*&%^#@!@#ing commuter Railroad!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, May 27, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

"Fatality at a station, we'll be stuck here for a while"

I rushed to catch this friggin train to get home sooner and get some dinner. If they knew there was gonna be a hold up or they announced it there, I'd have gotten some friggin dinner at Penn station before we left!

Really, I should be pissed at whoever died at the train station that's backing up traffic, but they probably would've avoided causing all this if they could...

I have a wireless cell/data card...At least I'm not completely bored...Til my battery dies at least...

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Well at least you have all of us to keep you company while you're stuck on that train witing for the coroner to get there. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

This thing don't start moving soon, they're gonna need to send a couple coroners... My buddy on IM suggested I eat the loud cell phone people if I get too hungry...

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Typical of this friggin system, I'm on an express, so they let all the locals go by first. ABout a dozen trains have passed us now.

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

good reason to stay on this side of the country, same stuff happens here almost everyday. other day sombody got hit by the lite rail same results

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

how does a person get hit by a train? Its not like they are hard to dodge or something.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Maybe they were deff, or maybe they got there leg caught in the tracks? Or maybe they wanted to see if they could run faster than it, or maaybe...

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

$ out of 5 times, it's suicide. Although, one of them appeared to be an accident, a guy slipped off the platform onto the tracks as a train was pulling in.

This will probably mark my sixth or seventh fatality commute in 4 years. That's not counting the ones that happen on the weekends (non rush hour).

It's become almost a joke (as much as a death can be a joke);

"Late again, these friggin train drivers ran another pedestrian over."

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ahh, the insanity that IS New York. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I used to work in 2 Penn, directly above Penn Station. Some of the guys that I worked with had 2 to 2.5 hour commutes, EACH FRIGGIN' WAY!!!!! I only commuted twice a week though. From Houston on Monday morning and then back to Houston on Friday night. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Get the hell out of there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yep, it sucks sometimes!! I'm hoping I can get out of working during the repub. natl convntion in Madison Square Garden.
    They're going to be stopping and searching/dog-sniffing every train coming in to penn during the convention. That's literally HUNDREDS of trains a day, between Amtrak, NJ Transit, the Subway system, and the LIRR...

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Don't know how you NY commuters do it.............really. My sister used to commute to Madison Avenue from Ronkonkoma for 21 years..........by the LIRR/Subway. Long trip made longer by the usual delays/car wrecks, etc. Finally moved to Maine a few years ago and can't believe how much simpler her life is!