Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ING Direct Online Banking - Shameless sales pitch from Ratch

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 9, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anybody interested? I have a couple referrals I can give out, I know 1 or 2 CK5ers took me up on it last time.

Basically, it's an online-only savings account that pays you a $25 "bonus" if you sign up through a referral. They also pay me a $10 referral bonus.
    You can open an account with $1, $20, or $100,000.

To basically quote the referral page:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Give your Orange Savings Account a kick-start by earning rewards for referring your friends to our products, known for great rates, no fees and no minimums.

Check out the rewards and refer a friend today!

When your friend opens an:

-Orange Home Equity your friend gets $100 you get $25
    -Orange Savings Account your friend gets $25 you get $10

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to link a checking account to it in order to get money in and out (I think there's a snail mail system for it, but I don't bother).

I started this a long time ago, and it's been great. The interest rate is a cruddy but steady 2.20% apy, but that's way better than any normal bank I've found.
    What I did and I suggest anyone else do if you're concerned about security;
    I opened an "Ebay fund" checking account that I linked to my paypal account, and put very little money in it, moeny earned from Ebay sales and funds to spend on ebay, not enough to be hurt if it were exposed (plus, I like to have my money spread out so I'm not crippled if I lose a card or have a problem with a bank...lessons learned).
    I then linked my ING account to that account, being skeptical and distrustful of online financial stuff. Since then, I've accumulated more money in that checking account, so started a weekly automatic withdrawal from it into the ING account.
    Basically, I was VERY skeptical of this at first (I even opened the account with only $10), but having been on it so long and having made probably over $200 in just interest and bonuses, I am now trying to use up my referrals to replenish what my bathroom remodel is eating up...

Email if you're interested! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It's not a pyramid scam or anything, and there are rules. I'm not up on exactly all of them, but they're like you can't withdraw a bonus or deposit for 10 days, and you can't withdraw your initial deposit in less than 30 days. Also, I think each transaction takes 2 or 3 business days, same as processing a check.
    If you need to move money in and out of it fast, it's probably not for you. If you want to build up savings slowly, it's a great way, especially for people with weak will power (like me, so it's good that I can't just whip out the entire fund through an ATM or something /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Anyway, if interested, email me: ratch at rratch.com (actually, a PM will probably be faster).
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I went to enter a referral just now and saw:
    "FYI - Refer A Friend will be unavailable from October 27, 2004 to December 1, 2004 so we can make exciting enhancements."

Anybody think they'll be annoyed to see this shameless sales pitch topped again in december?

BTW, ING is a fsb and FDIC insured banking institution.