Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

****ing magazine companies!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 29, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just got another notice saying I haven't paid for Peterson's. I swear my mom sent payment for me before she left. But shes in Asia for a month so I don't have a damn chance to ask her. I don't have a credit card or checking account to make payment and since I suspect its been paid I refuse to send a second one.

These magazine companies piss me off big time. A while ago my Peterson's subscription ran out, so I renewed it. What did they do? They started sending me Four Wheeler instead. I hate Four Wheeler(not that Peterson's is so much better). So now I've been getting Four Wheeler for a while. Then when they sent another notice that Peterson's had lapsed I resubscribed, now all this billing nightmare.

I'm worried its hurting my credit rating. Would that be possible? I believe they turned it over to a collection agency or some ****, over $27. My credit is almost as good as my parents(which is damn good) so anything that hurts it is a big problem for me.

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Are you getting magazines with the paper covers saying...this is your last issue blah blah blah. If its that I wouldnt give two thoughts to it. I got those for 3 months one time. Funny thing it was in the middle of my subscription:confused:

Or actual notices like in an evenvelope?

Is there some phone number on any of it. Id say call em and try to get it straightened out.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Actual letters, this last one came First Class Mail, I don't get it. I have talked to them on the phone, I don't know whats going on is all. My mom dealt with it, before she left for Asia she said "I'll have it all worked out before I leave, don't worry about it". Either they are lieing and just wanting more money, she never did anything, or they lost the payment. And its not as simple as, "Hey mom did you make that payment?"

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Check the address label on the magazine. Look for the expiration date. If it shows the month and year, thats the date of expiration. If its a while away, say, a year or two or more, I'd forget about the crap you get in the mail. Just wait til the remaining few months from expiration before renewing the mag.
    Same goes for the phone calls from the salespersons. Hang up on them. Don't waste your time or theirs.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

There is some sort of semi-scam where a company can get part of your subscript fee for getting you to sign up. Have a look and see if the letters are actually from the publisher. If they aren't it probably will not be obvious, but it will be there.

FWIW I do not give Primedia (owner of nearly all off road oriented mags and a LOT of mags period) any money. The only mags I'll buy at all are "Hot VW's" and "Ol Skool Rodz".

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Nope not from Primedia, they are from some company that seems to do the subscription crap.

7. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I sent in the little card about 2 months ago. Got the bill, paid it. They sent that months and 2 of the previous months issues. I didn't get this months. :confused: Had to buy it at the store.

I think they're having issues.