Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

****ing Verizon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sandawgk5, Jan 25, 2007.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

My wife and I are up for new phones as our "new every two" deal has matured. We go in and she really liked the MOTOKRZR K1m as it is a slick phone, and MP3 player. Well with her discount and all it was essentially free. Well I get home and try to show her how to load music to it and the ****ing computer keeps trying to install and MPT and then tells me to go get ****ed cause it wont do it. I have downloaded the drivers from Verizon and Motorola and it does the same ****ing thing. Then I learn that you cannot listen to music over the blue tooth:mad:.

I am just a little pissed right now I have been reading on the net about ways to fix the **** the Verizon ****ed up on the phone and I am really confused. My biggest gripe is it appears to me the phone does not perform as advertised.

Does anyone here have any help as to what I should do? And no returning the phone and telling Verizon to get ****ed is not an option no matter how much I want to kick every mother ****er in that store right in the ****ing teeth:mad:.

Any help you guys and gals can give me to get this thing syncd would be great and feel free to post your dealings with this phone and or Verizon.

P.S. I can load music to a MicroSD card and then play the tunes but I would like to be able to connect with the USB cable or with Bluetooth.

Thanks

Ira

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I assume you talked to the folks at the dealer? Is there a tech support number that can put you on hold until five minutes until Armageddon?

I don't have anything useful to add, but you HAVE to at least find this amusing! :haha:

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Ya I put a anger face but had to chuckle after I typed it and proof read:o. It is almost midnight and I still can not get the phone drivers to install so it will recognize the phone.:mad:

Ira

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Take the sh*t back and tell them to stick it in their a$$ :eek1: :mad: (:D )!!

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Problem is I dont think it is a phone problem rather a software problem with Verizon. I was reading about a way to hack the verizon **** out of the phone and restore it to a motorola style that will still work with verizon.

I am just kinda pissed this is my first day off of painkillers too:(

Ira

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

O.K. Tell them to stick it halfway up their a$$ then :D :haha: !!

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Do you have verizon or are you 2 cool 4 school?:D

I was registered and was reading around for a little. Alot of it is really confusing to me:o.

Ira

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yes, I have Verizon

If you have a cable to connect your phone to your computer, try finding a program called "BitPim"

You know what?

http://www.bitpim.org/

There

10. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Thank you RJ. I will have a busy time:D. I cannot get the drivers to load for the phone it gets hung up on the installing MPT device then it just gives up.. I will see what I can do.

Ira

11. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The ONLY way I was able to figure out my/my wife's Verizon phones was to read about them HERE. I got my LG VX8100 two days after they came out and Verizon could not figure out how to make the mp3 player (that they told me it had) work. This site already had the phone's OS completely hacked and had step-by-step instructions on how to make it all work.
    Fast forward a year. My wife drops her new Motorola phone in water, it cops an attitude. Take it to Verizon to get a new one on the insurance plan. They didn't put it on the insurance plan--Thanks ASSHOLES!! Spend a fuzz under 300 bones for a new VX8300. What a surprise, they can't tell me how to make the mp3 player work. I/she had to go to four different stores just to find someone who knew that there actually was an mp3 player in it. Even then, they couldn't help (even calling their super-secret help line). Fine. I come home and log onto that site and boom(!!) there it is in living color. Five minutes later I had music coming from that infernal contraption. They have a forum for every brand of phone and some pretty smart people on them. Might be worth a shot.

12. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Thank you sir one more page to register and bookmark:D.

Ira

13. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Like RJ said, get BitPim. It makes jacking with phones almost simple.

14. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

My phone is not listed so I need to read up on howards about how to do it I know someone on there has done it.

Ira

15. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I got a Krzr from Verizon back in Nov. The problem with MPT is that you will need to upgrade to verison 4.33 for it to work with the K1m. When we got the phone we also picked up Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headsets. I think these are a must buy.

You phone should of had a mini-usb to headphone jack adapter in the box. With the adapther you should be able to hear your music.

Howardforums has a ton of info on verizon and these phones.

16. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

So Windows is recognizing and trying to install something that I have to pay extra for? If I understand everything I need to go to BRVP and buy MPT V4.33 and install that on my laptop then the phone drivers should load and the phone will be recognized? Also everytime I hook the phone up it attempts to reload all of the drivers is that just the nature of the beast?

Ira

17. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I got my copy of MPT off Ebay for Cheap. Here is a LINK to the seller I used.

These Holsters are also very handy.

18. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I just got my new every 2 a couple of weeks ago and when I was in the store, the sales person actually talked me out of the KRAZR -- said she hadn't heard too many good things about it. Good luck getting things working like you want... phones are a PITA :doah:

19. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I did not upgrade mine yet I am still looking. I am leaning toward the Chocolate but now I dont know I def need to do some research.

I just ordered MPT so I can hopefully figure this out when it gets here.

Ira

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

cingular gives a military discount