Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ingnition problems

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by toms72k5, Aug 4, 2002.

1. toms72k5

toms72k5 Registered Member

Franklinton, nc, it\'s a little place 30 miles nor
    I recently put headers on my 72 k5 blazer, well after i finished that and my exauhst i cranked it up to see how it sounded, well it sounded sweet, but then i went to turn it off and it didn't turn off. I had to unplug my alternator and unhook my battery to turn it off. I tried replacing the electrical part of the ingnition switch and that still didn't fix it. Does anyone know what it might be? if you do please help!

2. Berettagurl93

Berettagurl93 Newbie

Yea I don't Know but good luck Love ya~!~ Hunny /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Are any wires shorting against your new headers?

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

what kind of ignition and what wire did you use to power the distributor?

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

did you swap ignitions to hei or anything. if you are turning off the key and it stays on then its hooked to a canstant hot wire. get a test light and find one thats not and swap em. there is a big pink one that is the ign. wire. did you bypass it? if you like the way it is set up put a kill wsitch in line. thats what i did, b/c my wife broke the key. it also helps keep it from getting stolen. the starter will turn but she'll never fire.

hope this helps

nathan