Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inintermittent dome lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIG B., Mar 9, 2004.

1. BIG B.

BIG B. Registered Member

When I am driving, my dome lights come on randomly and then shut back off about 2 minutes later. I can get the light to go off also by opening my door and shutting it. It is almost as if it is wired backwards, because when I open the door to my truck to get in, the dome lights don't come on. But when I am driving they come on when ever they want. I look kind of funny at night driving down the highway with my dome light on. Anyone ever had this problem? Also does anybody have some wireing digrams they could email me? Thanks for any help.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Door jamb switches are known for doing weird things. For 3 bucks each, I'de replace them.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm with Mr. Ba on this one. They're a very simple switch and therefore inexpensive to replace. Hell one of these days I might do the same thing as I have no dome lights at all except for the light switch turny option thing there. Kinda sounds to me though that the switch is completing the circuit without the door being open. Just replace them and be done with it. Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

4. BIG B.

BIG B. Registered Member

Thanks fellas I will try that as soon as I can. Have a good one.