Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Injection Pump

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Nov 22, 2004.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, are there any signs to tell if my injection pump is going out? or things to look for? the K5 has been starting with a little trouble. i need to check the glow plugs, but dont have a clue as to how or where to check for the injection pump.. any info would rock.. btw 6.5L
    thanx!
    -Juice /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

your 82 has a 6.5?

BTW, this really should go in the diesel forum.

Healthy injection pump status can be hard to tell- Cold startup issues are ussually not related. Warm/ hot startup issues are, since as the fuel is thinner, the pump has problems keeping up pressure.

Long healthy life for your injectors can be obtained by using a good water/fuel seperator and filtering down to the finest micron you can. A good diesel fuel conditioner cant hurt either.

3. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    your 82 has a 6.5?

BTW, this really should go in the diesel forum.

Healthy injection pump status can be hard to tell- Cold startup issues are ussually not related. Warm/ hot startup issues are, since as the fuel is thinner, the pump has problems keeping up pressure.

Long healthy life for your injectors can be obtained by using a good water/fuel seperator and filtering down to the finest micron you can. A good diesel fuel conditioner cant hurt either.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes my 82 has a 6.5L :flipoff: it was swapped..
    it starts fine after it is warm, never has a problem. i will try the fuel conditioner u are saying..
    as for putting it in the diesel forum,i cant cuz this is the only place i can post until i pay.. i am also wondering if it could be glow plugs going bad, i've read if one is bad it can cause hard starting too..??