Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

INJECTION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MA87K5, Apr 6, 2000.

1. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I have seen 2 TPI units in a junkyard one on a camaro and the other on a caprice taxi. What would be a fair price to pay for one, and wich one would be better? Thanks for your help.

2. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I have seen a whole setup out of a camaro for $1300. The bad thing about it was it did not have the computer with it. I have heard those damn things will cost you.

3. Denvermitch

Denvermitch Registered Member

Head right on over to Ebay and take a look. Found one right away off of an '89 Camaro for $200. Just a thought...

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Check out that ebay unit, make sure it has all the pieces......gotta have the computer. At least in a junkyard you can be sure to get the computer. Probably will need a new wiring harness (Painless Wiring has them for about $300), make sure you grab all the hard parts (sensors, etc.). They are a great upgrade, also consider buying for $16.95 the book "Chevy TPI Fuel injection Swappers Guide" by JOhn Baechtel. Well worth the money.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]