Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

injector pump questions???

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by steve_kibbe, Sep 6, 2004.

1. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

are both wires on the injector pump to have power when ignition is in run?? How can I check the injector pump for correct opperation? I did remove injector lines from injectors, some squirted fuel, some didn't. Getting good pressure to the pump. Still having problems from the baptism of my truck.

Thanks for any sugestions

Steve /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve
    1st up Welcome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif !!!
    next i can tell ya the pink wire should have power all the time yes
    the green wire however is a cold advance and should only have power when the motor is cold enough to require the timing to be adavanced a little bit
    and as far as testing the injector for proper out put pressure unlees ya have the proper tool i am all most positive ya need to take it in to a shop that has a way to aucatly test the true out put line pressure in real psi not just oh ya it squirts good :-)
    Hope it helps and good luck
    Randy

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

thanks Randy, I'm pulling it saturday. I'll let y'al know the progress. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif