Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

injectors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bUrLyBlAzEr89, Jul 12, 2002.

1. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

ive heard i could get larger injectors for my tbi and will gain more horse anyone know anything about this or wants to give advice

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Turbo City sells flow matched injectors. You could get injectors and the throttle body from a 454 but I don't know that you would get good gains on a stock motor.

James

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

On a stock motor larger injectors will generally not help at all, in fact due to the computer prom being programmed for the current stock size it can and will mess up the air/fuel ratio, even with an O2 sensor. Might want to have the current ones in there cleaned at www.cruzinperformance.com - $10 an injector and quick turnaround. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

GM made larger injectors for the 350 TBI. I believe they are 65 lb PH. They came on the police special 350s installed in the Chev Caprice. A good parts man should be able to find them for you.
    But on a stock engine I think you will get more bang for the buck by putting in an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You can get them form Turbocity, Jet performance. Hypertech.

5. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

You don't need them unless you replace your heads with some very high flow models. The stock ones are pretty versatile, though you can get a better flowing throttle body that utilizes the stock sized injectors. That way you won't need to get the computer reprogrammed, and still get better torque numbers /forums/images/icons/grin.gif