Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Injectors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Jun 26, 2003.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Going to rebuild my TBI.
    1. Replace with over the counter injectors. $64 ea
    2. Replace with Holley injectors. $75 ea
    3. Replace TBI with Holley TBI (Summit) $340
    Thanks in advance for information.

2. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Go to autozone and buy a rebuild kit, replaces the o-rings and gaskets and filter, don't need to replace the injectors unless one or both are not working.

Jay

3. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Going to do that too. I'm figuring with 210,000 the injectors might be tired.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Check around online, I bet you can have them tested (or do the testing yourself). I know you can with TPI injectors, as well as "sonically cleaned". Doubt its any different for TBI ones.

About $25/injector last I looked. Also make sure the flow is similar as well.

5. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

I read an article a long time ago about the Holley Throttle body. It comes with a new higher pressure fuel regulator and larger throttle bores. I forget the actual power numbers, but it was a respectable amount. 10-15 HP if I remember correctly. You can also use an injector spacer to get more flow and a few more horsepower. This is just my opinion, but if your going to rebuild it anyway you might as well build some more power into it.