Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

injet, laser cartridges PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Dec 30, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Okay guys- I need your help.

I'm the Asst. Recreation Director for our Town Rec Dept, and also on the Recreation Committee- well to make a long story short- our budget meeting was tonight- the 3rd one we have tried to get passed, as you all are aware money is TIGHT...our pool needs to be painted, and our building needs some major work...well top that off with the Playground Safety Inspection we had done this fall - which FAILED miserably....anyway getting closer to the point.

The Rec Commitee has teamed up with kash for kids which will send us $$ in return for inkjet and laser cartridges. All I have to do is send them in. They pay between 2-5 bucks per cartridge. I have gotten our local Middle School, our Town Offices, and hopefully a big nuclear power plant, along with a Hospital in the neighbor town...but I could still use your help. We need to raise approx $60,000 BEFORE the end of April, our playground needs to be complete by May 31st, for opening in June, this is not our only fundraiser, we will be doing a corporate giving catalog, and have also applied for a few grants, but any $$ helps!

If you have some- or happen to work someplace that throws them away (most places give them back to the "salesman"..but doesn't lose any $$ if they don't)...or your an IT guy and can get me them from your company....I'd be forever greatful....

I will pay the shipping cost to get them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I forgot- basically the only ones they don't accept are Epson. They can't be recycled.

let me know if you can help.

thanks!
    Brandy

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd help but my church already is doing this. I dunno how well it works yet, they just started it a few weeks ago.... seems really cool though!

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Steph- I'm not sure what your church is doing- but you should have them contact local businesses- most of what I have read is schools doing it, and they don't make that much...but if you can get a few businesses that use laserjets, for instance you can really make some $$.. That's the only way we could do it and make anything. the hospital that I mentioned- uses computers for everything now, no more hand written papers- TONS of cartridges ....the town hall as well. We have a total of about 25 businesses that we are going to contact, but it's early yet, and have only made it to some. So far- ALL of the people we have contacted have said "sure"....we offered to pick them up etc... so it's nothing to them. I did call a bunch of "sales man" to see what the policy is, and normally they will provide a shipping label to the customer- but if the customer throws them away instead of sending them back they don't lose anything. Most places don't bother shipping them back...

Good luck with yours- do you know what company they are using? We picked kash for kids, because they were the most lenient- some places wouldn't send $$ unless they were "inspected" etc... this place had the most accepted cartridges too. Might want to check into this company, unless of course you already checked around, and found the one you like best.

Brandy