Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inline, gears,rpm and 35s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greywolf, Jun 4, 2003.

1. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

ok need help i have 250 i6 465,205and 35s what gears would be best?my freind said 410s would be like 3300 rpms criusing speed that seems kinda high to me.
    please help this is my daily driver/puddle jumper and it will be 1 ton as soon i know the gears i need
    dana 60 has 410s 14 bolt has373s /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

4.10's with BFG KM's turn right at 3k at 70mph on a slush box. You will tun less with the manual. Personnaly the I6 would do well with a little more gear like 4.56. My 350 is a little tired and around town it's a little low on power as a result. It could use the 4.56 as well but I have to take a little loose for hwy.
    http://www.ring-pinion.com/calculators.shtml will let you see what your RPMs will be with different gears and tires.

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I'll second the vote for 4.56's w/ an in-line .
    That is the tire and gear combo that I am going to use also.
    I drove a truck w/ a 250/465/208 and 4.56's w/ 35 BFG's and it was great. It still handled hwy speeds and had good power around town as well.
    In my opinion if the motor is healthy than it will take the extra RPM on the Hwy for any length of time.
    Tom