Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inner axle seals (The one's by the carrier)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Mar 25, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Inner axle seals (The one\'s by the carrier)

Wow, i'm changing these buggers right now. Ya'll know the ones i'm talking about???? The ones that seal your axle right next to the pumkin. All i have left in my front end righ now is the pinion. So how do ya'll clean out your tubes??? I think i am just going to stick the hose in there and shoot the stuff out. Also, how have ya'll put the seals back in. Those things are weired looking??? Do you just do it carefully and tap around the edges??? Or is it a pain in the but to get anything in there. I would really appreciate help with this one guys. This is the first time i'm doing this so any tips would be very appreciated. Thanks guys - Doug Oh yeah, what fluid do ya'll recommend putting back in, it has an eaton posi. Thanks again

Doug Krebs<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by KrebsATM02 on 03/25/01 08:54 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Re: Inner axle seals (The one\'s by the carrier)

Try useing a socket and tapping on it.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]