Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inner fender wells?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Feb 11, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok innerfende wells rusted kinda bad, holding fender on passenger side out from body a lil bit, had a rough life, i dont play in mud, would it hurt anything if i jsut got rid of them? water in dis i heard was a prob, is that true? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I would keep them on till you get new ones, your tires throw alot of thing about and if it picked up something heavy and let it go into your engine compartment it could rip thing off... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I finaly took mine out about a week ago. I am still a bit woried about mud and rock's getting were they shoud'nt, but I like them gone for now at least becase of less weight, easier acsess to lots of things and there wasnt much left of them anyway.

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I haven't had any for 3 years now....no problems. It's very wet here too.

"Whole".........???

5. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

The problem I have is all the stuff I have mounted to them. I have a M1009 CUCV so I have two batteries on the pass. side inner fender and I don't have any other palce to put them in the engine compartment. Have any of you guys tried using drag racing tubs? I know they are made of pretty thin sheetmetal, but with a little bracing they could be OK. What about sectioning out a 55 gal drum or a piece of road culvert?
    Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif