Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inner fenders

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Dec 26, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i assume it helps to take em off when you're cutting fenders. does it? and could i get along without them? think about it it would make working on the engine easier. and i would gain access to things that are hard to get to now. i see show trucks without them a-lot but could a daily-driver/ weekend wheeler get along without em? any info is appreciated, thanks.

LOOK OUT MOAB, HERE COMES THE SUB!!!!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I guess if you never wheel in mud...or drive in the rain you could get away without inners. I left my inners mounted up when I trimmed, just loosened a couple of bolts when I got to where they were in the way.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

not really easyier to get at anything without the inners. but If you like a clean engine leave them on there not worth the head ache of all the mud and stuff from everyday driving and wheelin

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I didnt pull mine to trim my fenders but I guess it all depends how much your trimming.If ya diddnt run them every thing under the hood would get wet when ya drive in the rain or if ya play in the mud.If I didnt drive mine all the time I would take mine out.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks guys. i'm gonna leave em in there. my truck is driven daily and flogged in the mud as often as possible.

LOOK OUT MOAB, HERE COMES THE SUB!!!!!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I haven't had any for two years now....driven 100 miles every day rain, snow and whatever else. I haven't noticed any problems....nothing seems to get any dirtier. I don't "mud" however. I really like the easier access....

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>