Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inner shaft on a 71 d44 same as inner shaft on 77 d44??????LINK TO PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by down4thakrown, Nov 9, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

got a shaft that has a 30/19 spline count. but the outer shaft bearing seal is differant. i think its outta of a 71 or somthing. i got a spare outter just need to know if the inner would work with a outer that fits a 77. and are the inner seals the same??
    pix here
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154954

2. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Since no one else will....
    1rst gen d44 shafts are different than the 2nd gen shafts-seals-ujoints.
    The seals are different as they seal differently and the u-joints are smaller.
    Goto the pick a part on 35th or 43rd ave south of van buren? Its been 4years since i have been there since we moved to colorado. Find a 73 -76ish gm 4wd with a d44 and rob the shafts out of it....then strip the backing plates - spindles - hubs - etc. and upgrade your d44 to the better sealing late model hubs....plus you get bigger u-joints. you might also see randy at driven auto and see how much he wants for the complete setup.

Doug W.
    Kinda sorta ex amigo...