Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inner tube & spare

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mo, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

Been trying to find a spare 40" tire in a reasonable price range without much luck, can't even really find something close (like a 39.5 or something). So i've been thinking more about the inner tube spare

will this work:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130031919653&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RUPX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=130083636136&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=UpSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

not sure on the size though, what does 10.00r20 come out to?

the only other issue i found when searching was valve stem location, just drill a new hole if you need to, and weld it up when you get a new tire?

thanks

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I know there cheap, but I dont know how well that would work out though. Especially if you wanted to put that in a 15" rim or something. Why not just keep your eyes out on the classifieds around here and over at pirate, people get rid of old used tires that make good fullsize spares for cheap, if not free.

3. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

it'll be for a 17" rim.

been tryin to find a spare, haven't had much luck. Got a couple of responses for new or slightly used ones for $250-350, that's a good price if you need a new or slightly used tire, but that's too much money to be ridin around in the back of my truck...

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Yeah I hear ya. I would imagine if it would be fine if you could find a tube that will fit your tire exactly. The tube would only be good for smaller holes though, if you had a large cut in the sidewall that tube wont do much good anyways, it will just blow out of the slice. Do you have a good plug and patch kit? In emergencies I have stuffed about 5 plugs in the tread of a tire. got me off the trail.