Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Input sought re: rusted out floorpans

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stu454, Nov 21, 2003.

1. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats how much anything so old is up here, as like the pics towards end where its all cut out, thats about normal

i would just start grinding rust off and away, and start measuring and cutting metal pieces and start tacking them in place really, tack in place a few so tht you can always easilymove a piece or more.
    gonna be a little custom fab involved when you are trying to piece a cab floor back together like this,
    good luck, this is why we just scrap trucks up here, because most are rusted out like such, a very very few get saved, only if dont have so much rot, and if run and drive also,

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hmmm mine looked about like that. To bad the rocker boxes are hosed. You need to take a good hard look at mine. I built a sub frame that has the foward cab mounts in it and a rock slider. Let me see if I can get some pictures posted.

One thing I am going to warn you about. The fire wall has shifted down about an inch or more. There is nothing but the tunnel holding anything up. You have to figure out how to lift the fire wall back up so the front cab mounts will hit at the proper location. Probably the easy thing to do is pull the inner fenders out. Screw a 2x4 to the fire wall that you can put a jack under. Basiicly what I did on mine but I put the 2x4 there before I cut the floor.