Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Insert foot in mouth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by babyburb, Apr 24, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Reading another post reminded me of a moma dis I took place in years ago.

I was managing a shoe store when the security guard strolled by and said "F**k you!" just joking around and I immediatly replied... "No thanks, your moma was good enough last night" also playing. He immediatly turned red than white and walked off. Then I remembered his mom died 6 months earlier from breast cancer. I found him about 20 minutes later and apoligize and he was ok with it since he knows I was just playing too. I vowed then never to come back with a your moma remark.

Would anybody else like to share a foot in mouth remark?

I have another happening from a lounge talk on another site from years ago to share if this thread gets going.

2. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Oh man, talk about feeling like shi*, at least YOU got to aplogize, most human beings are unable to or don't think they have to do this.:o . (What a sad mentality to have your whole life.)

I am quite positive I have done this I just can't think of one right now.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

when i was 15, i had a really bad week. well, the church i was going to at the time served free dinner to anyone who wanted to come out, and so i was talking to a friend about my week. we went thru the buffet line and we went to sit down at a table. there was a woman sitting at this table and as we sat down i said to my friend that this week was the worst week of my life.

the woman leaned across the table and said to me, "i have a 16 year old daughter and everyother week or so she comes home saying she's having the worst week of her life and usually some boyfriend has broken up with her or something... so tell me, what really makes the life of a teenager so hard?"

"well, my mom DIED on monday."

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many to keep track of.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

You mean like just now when I (basically) called k20's girlfriend ugly?

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

......basically........bast........

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My bad. If I wasn't watching Bajaflo 2 I'd think of a better comeback.

8. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean. "Mother" and/or "wife" jokes are non stop around my work. One of my coworkers found his mom passed away. I made a few jokes before I knew. Man I felt horrible.

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Back in my foundry - working days there was this guy named earl who was the biggest pain in the ass in the place, as far as talking smack to get a reaction.. the guy walks up to me and says, "hey Tom - does your mom know you turned out so ugly"? I stood and stared at him for a second, and said " my mom's DEAD".. in the sternest voice I could muster, never breaking eye contact.. I just stood there, and he about fell all over himself apologizing.. yeah, my mom had died ( a few years before ), but I was totally putting him on.. it was great.. once he figured out what I did, I was one of the few people he didn't hassle.

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

:bow::bow::haha:

11. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

We are an equal opportunity area. There is no holding back by ANYONE. I can't count the number of different rude things that have been said from and about everyone's mom. Fortunately it iis all in fun and we are all good friends.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Not quite my foot in my mouth...
    Back when I smoked, we'd go stand in front of our building, and see the same people enter all the time. I was anti-social, but my smoking buddy would chat up everyone.
    One time, a guy was walking in who'd had colon cancer. He stopped to chat and Ray (smoking buddy) asked him how everything was going with the colon cancer. The guy replied "I'm just trying to get through all this s**t."
    I thought the choice of wording was terrible, so I immediately started hysterical laughing, and trying to pass it off as a cough...

Then there was another time when I was in commercial production.
    A sales guy had a client in the conference room, right next to my office, to talk about his commercial, so my director mentioned to me that there would be a re-write needed on the guys spot. So unintentionally really loudly, I said, "Is this for that idiot that buys and sells [blah blah blah]?"
    I had no idea he was in the next room, with all the doors open... My director mouthed "He's right there." :doah:

13. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'm sorry, but I hope you don't hate me for finding this anecdote bloody hilarious. :haha:

14. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

it's cool. i really enjoy the story now.