Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inside front shackle bushing - GONE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Mar 30, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

DOE! I am removnig the TH400/205 today, and as I was removing the tranny cooler lines, I noticed that the bushing that sits inside the fixed mount on the inside of the frame rail - is DESTROYED. There is hardly anything left! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Has this happened to anyone else?

Secondly, do new bsuhings come with the ORD front shackle kit???

-Dan

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Has not happened to me but yes the ORD Shackel kit comes with new bushings. You also might want to get the front eye greaseable bushing kit too.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Dan, I came across a farm truck that had the same problem you had, but the bushing was still there.
    The bolt had worn thru the bushing to where the bolt was riding the steel part of the hole in the frame part shackle mount, and wore a nice deep groove into the casting part. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    The new bushings were ordered, for both sides, and a new GM cast shackle mount was also ordered. Simply removed those rivets and bolted in the new piece and bushings, too.

Never saw another shackle mount worn that bad after that one. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Amazing what some farmers can do to their trucks!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If I got this right, the bushing is the one up in the frame that is NOT included in the ORD kit..............don't think I have heard of them supplying that bushing. I didn't get one with my kit.

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I got them in mine with the shackel kit. I got the bushings for the frame and the spring in mine.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Wayne, yea I know about the parts... but why then do they list this seperatly?

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/fushacklebushing.htm

I have a call into Stephen (because I need to buy what ever it takes), but I guess he is out on some kinda J**P easter offroad thingy somewhere....

-Dan

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Because most lift kits do not include the upper bushings so Stephen has the bushing alone if somebody wants to replace it.

9. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Off topic, but it's the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. One of my club members is there and we just heard that he rolled his 97 TJ. OOPS!!

10. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Mine are just as bad as yours. I know they need to be replaced soon. Just another thing that has to go wrong.

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yep, I have had the same problem, but it wasn't limited to the frame bushing only - mine keep cracking apart on both the frame and in the spring eye! Steven said that he had had some customers reporting the same thing, so he sent me out a set of new ones...well, those proceeded to crumble apart in about two months, so I ordered about 8 of each of them...Steven gave me a discount on them, but I am getting tired of changing them! I just looked last weekend, and one of the spring eye bushings is chunked aprt again! PITA!!! He said that Daystar must have had a bad batch of them or something...guess so!