Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inside Ivan Update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by justwhatido, Sep 15, 2004.

1. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

We checked the data bouy 65 miles south of Dauphin Island and it was reporting wave heigth of 45 feet. Winds of sustained velocity in excess of 140 Miles per hour.

We're starting to get some wind in Mobile now. Some gusts over 40 Mph. They say the big stuff will be midnight to 2AM

More Fred "Cantoree" Hurricane updates to follow.

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Fred

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Dayum! That's UGLY! Be safe down there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Don't think you'll be on line much longer.... Good luck man... Will pray for you... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

This morning I called Mom and Dad in Mississippi. They live up in the north east corner, and mom said people had come into town from Florida.

Man, 3 hurricanes in a row. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My Sister just moved into Her new house last month in Panama City. Her Husband is in Turkey with the Airforce right now. She was forced to load Her kids up in the Blazer and head north to Alabama. I feel bad cause She didn't have no way to board up Her house or any help.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats crappy where is all the air force dude's on base to help her out?

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Like I said She just moved there last month. Her husband has been in Turkey for the last year. They bought a house off base so She hasn't had time to really meet anyone. Plus with the kids it don't really give Her time.

8. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Yes, That's a lot of stress on your sister. I feel badly for the thousands and thousands who have to evacuate. Then, they hope and pray that their home is OK. Our prayes are with them all.

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

That sucks man sorry to hear that

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was just watching some of this on the news. Pretty intense looking, I hope you guys get through all right with minimal damage.

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

good luck guys /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

hurricanes aint somethin to fvck around with, especially not with 45ft swell and 150mph winds /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

12. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sustained winds of 140 MPH. Damnnn, that means wind gusts of about 160 to 170 MPH. That's enough to shred a house to splinters.

13. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Watch out eastern TN..

Looks like the leftovers from Ivan is going to camp out over eastern Kentucky/E. TN. Looks like there is going to massive flooding in those areas..even into western NC /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Re: Watch out eastern TN..

Yeah - Looks like eastern Kentucky is gonna get a bunch of rain. I'm further west but the forcast is for rain all day today and tonight. Hasn't started as of 8:30 am EST.

Corey - why didn't your sister go south into Florida? 'Bama is right in line with this bugger!

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Re: Watch out eastern TN..

I have no ideal /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I think the real question should be why the hell didn't she drive untill Her wheels were stuck in the sands of the Pacific /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Well, we survived. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Just got power back today but we are lucky, many still do not. Lots of tree and power lines down, I've seen a lot of houses with damage. Mobile got "lucky" and caught only the west side of the storm which is better (60~80 mph winds with 100 mph gusts /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif ). At my house we only had downed trees and such, no damage to the house or vehicles. I feel for the folks on the water and in Gulf Shores or east of there, from what I've heard on the radio it sounds bad.

TARussell is in Pensacola and he's ok but I don't know about others (Justwhatido, Rob85K, etc). Hope everyone got through with minimal damage.

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Glad you're OK man! I went through hurricane Camile in 69 while at Keesler AFB in Biloxi Mississsippi... Whew! That was a hell of a ride. I'll take our earth quakes here in CA. any day...

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well all of my family is well. We only had a few shingles blown off and a tree that is still dangling over our bedroom.

My mother house is in Grande Lagoon, but at a higher elevation than where they are still pulling bodies out. Her house lost 80% of the shingles and the garage ceiling fell in. Her shed completely disappeared, but all of the contents are sitting exactly were they were.

We have no power and the water was brown at the house, so we are stayin gat my sister's with generator power.

19. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I heard this on the news yesterday and just thought I'd give some idea of the hurricane damage to the non-gulf coast users...

It's been just over 7 months since the storm hit - the community of Gulf Breeze, Fl once again began receiving mail yesterday. Of the est. 2000 residents that lived there before the storm, to this date only 400 have been able to move back in.

:eek: :eek:

20. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

dang that sucks, ha i was reading this post and i was like i havent heard of any storm coming but then i got it