Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inside the gas tank...?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Aug 17, 2004.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This may sound like a really stupid question but when we dropped out my gas tank there was what we thought is the fuel pump in it because its so elaborate and has so many sensors and hoses going to it. I went to napa to get a new one and i describe it and he told me it was on the engine, so what is in my gas tank? Where can i get a new one cuz mine got busted when we took out the tank. Sorry for such a newbie post! thanks, mike

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

need truck details to help you out here!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif is it fuel injected or carburated (sp?) anything and everything is helpful for us to help you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

haha yeah sorry its a 87 w/ a 305, carb

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

87 with a carb? Do you have a fuel pump on the block? If its an 87 with a carb I'm thinking someone swapped that and left the fuel pump in the tank. Maybe didn't use it but hooked it up. There is only one sensor in the gas tank, the fuel level sender. If there is a fuel pump it won't have sensors on it or anything just the connections for its power.