Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inspection in Pa

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyblzr1977, Jul 30, 2001.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

You know im begining to hate pennsylvania more and more as each day passes.I took my 77 blazer for inspection ok and he has it for friggin 5 days i call him up he says oh it failed becuase of the ebrake cables on the backing plate the hole is to big so he says ill fix it for you but you wont get it back till next week sometime.It is just really pissin me off anybody else have any experience like this.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Not in PA... but CA is full of stuff, that's for sure... call dude up and tell him to stuff it and take it to another inspector. Somethings not right about an inspector that strings you along that long and plays time games... I'd be leary of this guy....

C'mon captian break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Ugh. I had an experience like that a couple years ago, right after I came back to PA from CA. Got the car inspected, they call me and tell me I had a broken front wheel stud (front-wheel-drive car) and a bad tie-rod end. Now, I had just driven cross-country a week before, and the week before that I did the brakes on all 4 corners, so I KNEW that everything was good. But I figured I couldn't prove it so I caved in. $300 later, I get the car back, with the bad tie-rod end AND the broken-off lugnut and stud in the back seat footwell. I look at the lug &amp; stud, and I can see where some knuckledragger with an impact gun left it on "tighten" and twisted the lug &amp; stud right off...

Never went back there again.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style...
    [​IMG] <font color=green>Semper Maintenance!<font color=black>

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well I think Steph meant "leery" of this guy.........but the point is when I lived in New Castle, PA (about an hour from Pittsburgh) it took an HOUR to do an inspection. What the heck is going on? Go pick it up and call another place. That is ridiculous.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</a>

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Got my Camaro inspected around Milford 2 years ago. It took 10 minutes (including wait time), and I had a marker light out that he was going to fail me for. I kicked the light, it came on, and he said, "ok, you passed".

In New York, I have some friends that help me out, but I don't think I have anything that would fail emissions. They kinda know me and trust me on the safety side.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**

6. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Well, I passed the PA inspection but failed the emissions. I used to have a guy that I would give an extra $20 and he would just slap the stickers on. He retired a few years ago though. Damn visual emissions inspection killed me. Left the air pump off when I put on my headers. I've been driving with expired stickers for 2 months now and I have no intention of getting it inspected again. They'll just have to catch me if they can.

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

7. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

It has been awhile since I had my PA inspection license but it sounds like this guy is a schmuck. It should not take longer than 30 minutes to do the inspection. Yes, the emergency brake needs to work. Unless the hole in the plate is really bad, you should not have a problem. I'd get the truck out of there and someplace else in a hurry.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, when I was still registered in PA, it never took more than 15 mins to inspect somethign and I went to legit places. If you have to leave your car there for an extended period of time, they are looking for something!!!!!!!! Take it somewhere else!

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

9. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Man I'm glad I live in Kansas. We might have lift height and emission laws, but we don't have inspections. I guarantee, if we had emissions checks, over 95% of the trucks right here in Wichita would fail. I love it here, just for that reason!

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

10. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

Thanks for all the advice i think im gonna go pull it out i called there and they told me hes out for the day so call back tommorow.YOu know whats really messed up i went there the other day like real late night my damn valve stem caps i had chrome ones there all gone and they left the door open what kind of business is this place.Well ill let you know what happens thanks for the storys they helped

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

LOVE VERMONT!!!
    i can buy the sticker for 3 bucks more than it cost to get inspection!!!
    and if it will pass, legally, it only takes bout 4 minutes.

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305