Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inspection rejection cont. this is bs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fright89, May 9, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

This is a fallow up to the post I put up a few days ago. Thanks for all your help. I did all my tune up stuff and having the day off I deiced I would go back up and try to pass my emissions test. If you fail the first time you get a second try without being charged again. I really thought I would pass this time because the blazer was running great after the tune up. What do I know? Failed again. WTF. I new it probably needed a new catalytic converter. And figured I would break down and replace it. It has a little patch welded on it and maybe was emptied out by the old owner. Who knows? After replacing the cat Im off to find another inspection station. In the truck goes. After about twenty minuets the guy comes over and asks me to come on out. He shows me some error message on the computer and looks at me with a blank look on his face. Like I’m supposed to troubleshoot his software problems. He then starts again entering all the info, the thing connects to registry database and prompts him for a few more things when he gets to the safety inspection screen it wont let him enter pass on any of the tests. Then errors out again. He try’s it one more time after talking with the registry guys on the phone and a message comes up that said something like this vehicle dose not need an emissions test at this time. Is the owner requesting one? YES or No? No click no am thinking, just click no. Then I seed “no”, and he clicked it. The next screen was the safety inspection page and he was able to enter pass an everything,.without even looking at the truck, amazing. Then, in all its glory, out it comes a brand new shiny, official, Massachusetts inspection sticker.

That’s how I wasted yet another day. I can’t wait to do it all again next year. This is FN BS !! Just think I have two cars I have to get inspected soon too.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

atleast you passed, you in a lot better boat then i am, i was thinking about bribing the inspection person

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't think I would be bribing any state official. In California bribing an official is a misdemeanor punishable by jail/fine or both. Just my $.02. Instead, just become very good friends with one then you're set.

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Congratulations on passing /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I don't think I've ever passed an exhaust test.

-Aaron

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Either that or kickin' the $h!t outta them! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I dread the day we have emissions tests. Its nothing but a visual in here and I dont even pass that. Lucky for me I have some really good friends in the business.
    Justin

7. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

yea...we've got about 5 years before they start testing around here justin...just enough time to get a job in a smaller county /forums/images/icons/smile.gif