Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

inst cluster wiring ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Md mudder, Oct 26, 2000.

1. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

I bought a 78 parts suburban with a 454 and rebuilt it fairly stout forged dome pistons fireball 2 cam etc,to put in my 84 p/u. The sub came with a factory tach inst cluster.
    My question is has anyone put one of the older tach clusters in a newer truck? and did you have to do much wire hacking or are the plug/socket connections standard? because I know the fuel guage is in a diffrent location,and the tach has a seprate harness so that isn't a problem.

thanks in advance

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not positive about the '84, but you can swap the entire cluster out (to relocate the gas gauge to the bottom left and have the tach in the former gas gauge location), as I did. Make sure you have not only the gauges but the cluster holder (on my 79 it is light blue), as it has the flexible circuit board that allows you to move the gas gauge. The plug from your truck you use with no modifications (again, I didn't have to). You may have to wire the tach yourself, but it's no big deal, three wires, power, ground and one to the distributor. Good luck.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

?

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>