Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

install question - 78 dash bezel

Discussion in 'Audio' started by djohnsn, Mar 24, 2000.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I have a 78 Blazer with the stock shaft style radio. I want to upgrade to a good aftermarket head unit, but I can't cut out a large enough space in the dash bezel to make it fit because of the design of the 78 bezel. I have noticed that some of the newer trucks have a different design for this area of the dash bezel that should be easy to cut out, but this bezel does not work with the 78 dash pad. I guess that I could try swapping the entire dash from a later model truck, but I like the look of the 78 dash pad. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well, I am confused. My 79 has a Pioneer head unit that measures 2" x 6" and fits in the hole, after of course cutting. I don't know how different a 78 is versus a 79, but maybe one of our other 78 brethren can help.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

79 here in Oregon with a din style pioneer in it. You have to cut some serious sheet metal to get it to fit and then use abs to trim out the opening. The hole is actually larger than the new stereo. Its taller.