Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Install York compressor on 87 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ds350, Mar 22, 2002.

1. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Any advice on linking up a York compressor for onboard air, if all of the accesories are being used...P/S, smog pump, Alt, A/C. My blazer has the v-belt setup, and adding the york will be interesting, since all of the pulleys are in use. Has anyone done this while keeping all of the accessories in place....especially A/C?

Danny

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

I am interested also on this topic for my 87....

3. MudTruk

MudTruk Registered Member

Have you guys checked out the York compressor install in the technical section? It was losts of help when I was considering my options. Check it out!

Pete

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I just put onboard air on my 79. i love it. it was pretty easy to do. i got mine off of a ford bronco and took the mount along with it. i then drilled a hole and put it on the ps pump mount. then i welded a cheap lil plate thing that goes to the header bolt. email me and ill send ya pics.

NITRO

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to remember where I read it, but some one used a serp style alternator pulley on it. Not sure on your mounting options, but I have also seen people weld pulleys together to get the job accomplished. Check around on onboardair.com and rockcrawler.com cause I know I saw a couple articles when I was looking at york ideas. Wish I could be of more help.