Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed custom tranny x member finally...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Feb 11, 2006.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Well,

My stock tranny x member was severely limiting my breakover and constantly hanging up, twisting, bending, etc. I hated it! I was e mailing with a bud of mine Blair (SmashMetal) and he said just tell me the word and I will make you one:D

So of course I said sure, go ahead:bow:

I love the design and it will definetly help out where the stock x member failed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I really like that one. My skid plate is bent up, so now it touches the 241, and it rattles like crazy. I don't think you'll ever get that problem. I want one!! It looks great.

Al

3. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

dont let that skid plate of yours there rub against the 241 cause it will wear a hole right in it like what happened to mine the skid plate rubbed right into the bottom of it so i had to get it tigged up

4. Ambro'sK5

Ambro'sK5 Newbie

Nice "but"

Looking at this new crossmember i think its well worked but i see a little problem, i see that you have welled a Square piece to the Frame and looks king of odd, any plans of changing it to where it tucks into the Frame rail and not into bottom of the Frame. other then that good job nice design,
    Just had to say some cause i plan on adding xmember but i want to show my Blazer at shows and might run into people asking the same ? i did

5. stallion85

If you look at a factory x member and this one the frame mounts are superior. There are plates on the inside of the frame rail to help secure the connection.

I don't know why he didn't build it inside the frame rail for mor clearance, I have not seen many designs that do that, so I am sure there is som sort of problem with it.

This x member will do it's job and then some for my app:bow:

6. stallion85

Oh ya, the square tubing is bolted to the frame, not welded.

7. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Not really sure why so many complaints of the 2 inches of lost clearance over the frame rails. Why hasn't anyone said anything about the 7-8 inches that the transfer case hangs down? Just my $0.02, but I think it's sweet and I plan on doing something similar in the future.

8. ct85k10

ct85k10 1/2 ton status

looks good
    i need one
    i hate my factory xmember to it was bent so far back that the front out put was rubbing on it

9. stallion85

That's where the clocking ring comes in. I was going to get one, but after all the other mods that would have to be done, I am happy with just a better designed crossmember. This one is designed to slide over rocks, the OEM was designed to hang up on them:D