Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

installed flowmaster ball flange header collectors today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Nov 2, 2002.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

These things are great. Its a kit to convert your standard 3 bolt header flange to the better sealing ball flange type. They are amazing. Completely eliminated all the leaks I had with the old flange. A must have for anyone running headers. I did a little write up for them that you can find on my site, the link is in my sig, or you can just click here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That's cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I finally converted to what's called "Header Hush" on mine - finally no dang collector leaks.

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

that is a really sweet setup! I like LOTS! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those look sweet! But I would turn the flanges to get them as horizontal as possible. They're just begging a rock to snag them with them mounted vertically. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I like to keep the underside as smooth as possible. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Thats awsome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif where did you get them and how much? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am tired of replacing my collector gaskets! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Bill

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Uhhh, didja read the text on his web page? It said that he got them from Summit for $45. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I mounted them vertically because I didnt want any clearance problems with my driveshaft and my spring shakles which are right next to the collector as you can see here. If it does turn out to be a problem I will just have to have them rewelded.

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Uh Yeah! I didn't read the article the first time,Thanx for directing that to my short attention span! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Bill

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Got pics? I eliminated the 3-bolt collector gasket issue be eliminating the 3-bolt collector headers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but if this works it could help out a lot of others!

10. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

there are pics on my site, you can click on my sig or the link in my post