Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed my Viper 791XV, YEAH!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mini_mull, Mar 15, 2007.

1. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I finally finished installing my Viper 791XV tonight.
    :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
    I can't wait to get in the burb on a hot summer day and feel the cold air coming out of my a/c vents. It wasn't for the faint of heart, but it was worth it. If anyone wants any info on the install, let me know, and I'd be more than happy to set you up. Now I just need to order the power window module so I can let all the hot air out when I turn on the a/c.

(BTW, I knox this is the audio section, but alarm stuff is still under the same catergory, right?)

2. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Absolutely, this is the alarm section as well. :)

That's great you installed it yourself. Installing an alarm isn't like adding an amplifier or swapping out stock speakers, its alot of work, and alot of basic electrical/electronic knowledge and experience is usually needed. If people aren't confident going into their first alarm install, I usually recommend they seek professional help. So yes, Im impressed you tackled it yourself, nice job.

In one of my old trucks I had remote start and remote windows, I use to love to mess with people's minds. This has been several years ago now before remote start etc was prevailent. While standing in line to pay for my gas (or whatever) Id love to start the truck then roll the windows down and see the weird looks from people wondering who is driving, :D

Just remember, if you want your AC on and cold by the time you hop in your truck (by turning on truck early from inside your home via remote), you have to physically turn the AC on the night before, before you shut off the vehicle. ;) Same goes for the heater too of course. That gets forgotten alot.

3. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Don't worry in the valley of the sun, the A/C is always turned on night or day from April to October so I won't have any problem remembering. :wink1: Thanks for the compliments. This was more work than any stereo system I've ever put in, but I haven't put in any stereos that are too complicated. Nothing beyond a headunit, 2 amps, and 8 speakers (6 in components and 2 woofers) in any single vehicle. That would have been fun to have remote start a few years ago, to mess with people. I bet people wondered if they were on candid camera or something.

4. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

I tried installing my first alarm on my honda, and it was alot harder than I thought, but usually circuit city will offer free instll with alarm purchase.

5. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Kudos Mini, awesome that you installed it yourself. I installed one alarm... and Ungo I think is what is was called, swore I'd never instal another alarm, ever again... this was back in the 80's and you had to wire in relays to do all kinds of stuff, PITA.

Last alarmed vehicle was bought and installed at a reputable shop and I was more than glad to pay someone else to install it.

Much harder than most folks realize, so again Congrats!