Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed new carpet kit in my dually today (PICS)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, Jun 18, 2005.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got this carpet kit from these people: www.metropartsmarket.com. I got it for $125.86 with shipping and everything. The kit is a cheap one, but I think all the kits offered are the same "made in China" cheap ones. Any carpet is better than what was in it before. The original carpet was completely rank. I think someone may have possibly living in the truck before I purchased it. The people I bought this truck from where total derelict meth heads. I pretty much save this truck from certain destruction, if they had kept it any longer. I also installed some insulation under the carpet kit, which I bought from LMC. The insulation is a Sound Deadner/Heat Sheild type of product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I just ordered the exact same stuff. Looks good! I was going to go with grey interior to keep it a little cooler inside but after ordering a few parts and none of the greys matched. Black it is.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

lookin good Chris, your rig is sweet :D

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

wow that looks sharp, would be worryed about keeping it that cllean (dd right?)

but man that looks good new like that.

5. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I clicked on that link and typed it in too and it says ERROR WEB SITE NOT FOUND ?. :confused:

How was the fit ? Looks pretty good in the pic..

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My Dually is what I call a 50/50 truck...it looks good going 50-MPH, from 50-feet away :grin:. This truck has a little way to go before it can even be used a dependable DD. It can be driven, but it needs complete rewiring, all new suspension bushings, and a new carburetor. The next project for this truck is rebuilding the bench seat it came with. I am going to buy all new cold molded seat cushioning and upholstery for it from LMC. The interior of this truck was so filthy dirty and rank smelling, that it was un-drive-able, unless you where a stinky homeless bum, then you would be right at home in it :D.