Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed new HEAD unit, but now it doesnt work? Found problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Pookster, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Edit: Strangely enough, after my dash replacement, and a new head unit, there was no more radio! The head unit had power, but it never started up. Hence, it got me thinking that perhaps that "ignition on" line wasnt getting power. Sure enough, it wasnt.

I couldnt find the source of why the ignition no longer had power. So I just added a rocker switch to pass power through from the constant to the iginition wire. Now it as an added bonus, I can play my stereo without the keys in the ignition!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well, i took apart my whole dash to replace with a new on. Apparently, somehow, in the middle... Something got screwed with the wiring, and now my new DIN doesnt work- THe old one doesnt even work. It gets power, but doesnt seem to want to turn on.

Would this be the ignition power line?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Installed new HEAD unit, but now it doesnt work?

It should have 2 power wires, 1 switchable (usely red.) and 1 none switchable "memory" (Usely orange or yellow.). Both wires will have a fuce, some stereos have a 3rd fuce on the back of the stereo also.