Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed New Polyurethane Body Mounts & ORD 1" Body Lift..(Pictures Added)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1-ton, Sep 20, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Installed New Polyurethane Body Mounts & ORD 1\" Body Lift..(Pictures Added)

Finally got my new body mounts and ORD 1" body lift installed on my V3500 4X4 Crew Cab Pick-up. My truck has a 4" suspension lift, and now 1" of body lift for a total of 5" of lift. After installing the body lift, I could barley notice the difference in lift, but it is there. The only modification I had to do was trim the fan shroud, and nothing else.

There was just barely enough shift link rod left to reconnect it without having to lengthen it. I had to go buy mounting hardware for the pick-up bed from Home Depot. There are some factory 12" long "shoulder head" bolts located in the center of the bed, and finding 13" long bolts at your average hardware store is out of the question; so I used some "all thread" to create 13" long bolts to work in the bed. Home Depot did have some "shoulder head" bolts long enough to use on the other bed mounts for the body lift.

Those polyurethane body mounts are definitely stiffer than the factory rubber ones. The new mounts are transferring a little bit more engine and tire noise through the body than the factory rubber ones did, but the truck feels much firmer in its handling.

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Re: Installed New Polyurethane Body Mounts & ORD 1\" Body Lift

How did you go about lifting the body for installation. I sure would love to see pic's of your truck /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I dont know about him, but I stacked some 6x6's with a bottle jack on top and then a piece of 2x6 against the body to help distribute the weight. I did one cornor at a time on the body and then moved onto the bed. It took some doing to get the bed on exactly straight but it worked out great in the end and didnt take very long to do either, but I too needed longer bolts.

4. 1-ton

What I did was to first remove the fan shroud, fan clutch and fan, front grille, and the automatic transmission shift rod. Second, I loosened all the body mounts, and then completely removed all the body mount bolts from one side only. Third, I took two floor jacks, two 2X4 pieces of wood, and lifted the whole one side of the body up just enough to remove the old body mounts, and then reinstall the new body mounts and body lift pucks. Fourth, after installing the new body mounts and lift on one side, I left the body mount bolts for that side loose, and then completely removed the body mounts bolts from the other side and ditto for that side. I did the lift for the bed the same way. I will try to get some pictures for a "Before" and "After" comparison.

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 1-ton

[​IMG]
    Truck before body lift

[​IMG]
    Truck after body lift

[​IMG]