Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed PRP seat today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrk5, Mar 13, 2005.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I finally made the first step to getting the blazer back on the road after it was broke into. I installed the driver's PRP seat this weekend. Since the thieves stole the bases with the seats, I started from scratch. I made the base with 1.5" angle and universal sliders that came with the seat.

I also installed an eyebolt with the nut welded on. Then I used a bicycle lock through the seat frame. The next thief breaking into the blazer it will not find it so easy to take the seat.

Here's the pics:

DSCF0578.JPG

DSCF0585.JPG

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I don't remember you being so short...:D

3. mrk5

I still need to figure out how I'm going to run the pedals and still see out the windshield. :thinking: :screwy:

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

You're going to love the PRPs. Nice work, but I think I would have tacked the bolts or something rather than trust a bicycle lock.

Here is a thought, take a piece of 1x1x0.120 angle and tack it so that it has an arm over the bolts so that you can't get to them. Easy enough to grind a few welds to remove the angle if you need to, but the odds of a theif being able to do something with it are slim. Down side is, the POS deserving of a horrible slow death who is trying to steal them will probably destroy them when he can't get them. Friend of mine had some nice speakers in ammo boxes bolted through the inside to the floor. Theives tried to get them and mangled the boxes but couldn't get them out. So they jammed a screw driver through the grill to ruin the spearkers. :mad: I hate thieves, and I may go to jail for it, but by god if I ever catch one, he will be the one trying to call 911...

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

SSS bad dog SSS.........shhhhhhhhhh.

6. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Awesome work Scott, that looks sharp :saweet:

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

see thing happen for a reason, now you have a awesome seat :D

8. mrk5

I can't wait to try the seat out on the trail.

I was going to do something with the bolts, but the problem is the number of bolts.
    • Seat to the brackets
    • Brackets to the sliders
    • Sliders to the base
    • Base to the floor
    I just want to make it extremely difficult. But yeah, now I am afraid they'll get trashed when the thief can't get them out. Guess you can only do so much. I think it is more for the wife and I's piece of mind.

85mudblazin - How's the saying go; something like every broken part is an opportunity to upgrade. Only in this case it is "stolen" parts.